Selected Sustainable Business Research authored by Walker College of Business Faculty
Cherry, T.L., Kallbekken, S., Kroll, S. et al. Does solar geoengineering crowd out climate change mitigation efforts? Evidence from a stated preference referendum on a carbon tax. Climatic Change 165, 6 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-021-03009-z
Edgar E. Hassler, Joseph A. Cazier, Brandon Hopkins, James T. Wilkes, Kiefer Smith & Max Rünzel (2021) A century of discovery: Mining 100 years of honey bee research, Journal of Apicultural Research, 60:1, 3-12, DOI: 10.1080/00218839.2020.1794303
Ilgım Dara Benoit, Elizabeth G. Miller, Elika Kordrostami, Ceren Ekebas-Turedi, (2021) “Improving the effectiveness of anti-texting and driving PSAs: the effect of ad elements on attitude change”, Journal of Social Marketing, Vol. ahead-of-print, https://doi.org/10.1108/JSOCM-06-2020-0103
Ilgım Dara Benoit, (2021). Texting and Driving: The Use of Specific Ad Elements for Attitude Change
Jan, A., Mata, M., Albinsson, P., Martins, J., Hassan, R., & Mata, P. (2021, March 01). Alignment of Islamic Banking SUSTAINABILITY indicators with sustainable DEVELOPMENT Goals: Policy recommendations for addressing the Covid-19 pandemic.
Jayjit Roy, The effect of employment protection legislation on international trade,Economic Modelling, Volume 94, 2021, Pages 221-234, ISSN 0264-9993
Perera, B., Chaudhury, S., Albinsson, P., & Nafees, L. (2021). This is who I Am: Instagram as Counterspace for Shared Gendered ethnic Identity Expressions, from https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/10.1086/713288
Margaret M. Sugg, Trent J. Spaulding, Sandi J. Lane, Jennifer D. Runkle, Stella R. Harden, Adam Hege, Lakshmi S. Iyer, Mapping community-level determinants of COVID-19 transmission in nursing homes: A multi-scale approach, Science of The Total Environment, Volume 752, 2021, 141946, ISSN 0048-9697
Kline, Carol, Essen, Erica von, Lindsjö, Johan, Fouache, Adélaïde, Tickle, Lara, Dashper, Katherine, Andersson Cederholm, Erika, Lovelock, Brent, Burkevica, Anita, Jones, Michael, Reis Macieira, Mariana and Rickly, Jillian M.. "14 Working animal research: An agenda for the future". Exploring non-human work in tourism, edited by Carol Kline and Jillian M. Rickly, Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2021, pp. 243-252. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110664058-015
Rickly, Jillian M. and Kline, Carol. "1 Introduction: Working for the (hu)man in the tourism industry". Exploring non-human work in tourism, edited by Carol Kline and Jillian M. Rickly, Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2021, pp. 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110664058-002
Rickly, Jillian M. and Kline, Carol. Exploring non-human work in tourism, Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110664058
Soumendra Nath Banerjee, Jayjit Roy, Mahmut Yasar, Exporting and pollution abatement expenditure: Evidence from firm-level data, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Volume 105, 2021, 102403, ISSN 0095-0696
Albinsson, P., Levin, M., (2020) Analysis for a Brave New World, Society of Marketing Advances Proceedings
Chaudhury, S., & Nafees, L. (2020, September). "For the GRAM": An exploration of the conflict Between influencers AND CITIZEN-CONSUMERS in the public Lands marketing system - SARITA Ray CHAUDHURY, LUBNA NAFEES, B. YASANTHI Perera, 2020. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0276146720956380
Claudia L. Kelley, C. (2020, December 01). Student loan debt: Tax and other considerations. Retrieved April 12, 2021, from https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2020/dec/student-loan-debt-tax-considerations.html
Craig, K.A. and Hadley, B. (2020), "Political sensitivity and government oversight in the US corporate bond market: evidence from federal contractors", Corporate Governance, Vol. 20 No. 7, pp. 1173-1189. https://doi.org/10.1108/CG-07-2019-0217
Craig E. Landry, J. Scott Shonkwiler, John C. Whitehead, Economic Values of Coastal Erosion Management: Joint Estimation of Use and Existence Values with recreation demand and contingent valuation data, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Volume 103, 2020, 102364, ISSN 0095-0696
Dickinson D. L., (2020). The effect of sleep on public good contributions and punishment: Experimental evidence. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0240324
Dickinson, D. (2020). Labor Negotiations, Conflicts, and Arbitration.
Dickinson, D. L., (2020). Further from the truth: The impact of moving from in-person to online settings on dishonest behavior. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socec.2020.101649
Dickinson, D L. 2020. "Deliberation Enhances the Confirmation Bias in Politics" Games 11, no. 4: 57. https://doi.org/10.3390/g11040057
Dickinson, D. L., Smith, A. R., & McClelland, R. (2020). An examination of circadian impacts on judgments. Social Psychology, 51(5), 341–353. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000420
Gravett, S., & Anderson, S. (2020, July 08). Enacting organizational justice and institutional learning in faculty dispute resolution processes: Lessons learned from a study of the unc system, from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10672-020-09350-2
Gray, Jennifer B., Winn, Wendy Lee, Cazier, Joseph A. and Volstad, Sam (2020) “Stories of Breast Cancer: Using Textual Analysis and Analytics to Understand Better the Illness Experience” International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches, Volume 12, Issue 2, PP 202-215, August 2020, ISBN 1834-0806, http://dx.doi.org/10.29034/ijmra.v12n2a3
Gregory Howard & John C. Whitehead & Jacob Hochard, 2020. "Estimating Discount Rates Using Referendum-style Choice Experiments: An Analysis of Multiple Methods," Working Papers 20-01, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
Harrison, J., Naumenko, A., & Whitehead, J. (2020, October 27). ATTRIBUTE NONATTENDANCE and CITIZEN preferences For Ecosystem‐based FISHERIES management: The case of Atlantic menhaden.
H. Kristl Davison, James M. LeBreton, Susan M. Stewart & Mark N. Bing (2020) Investigating curvilinear relationships of explicit and implicit aggression with workplace outcomes, European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 29:4, 501-514, DOI: 10.1080/1359432X.2019.1693423
Ilgım Dara Benoit, Elika Kordrostami & Jeff Foreman (2020) Senior sexual and gender minorities’ perception of healthcare services: A phenomenological approach, International Journal of Healthcare Management, DOI: 10.1080/20479700.2020.1724437
Hassler, Edgar E., Emery, Daniel, Hoyle Jason and Cazier Joseph A. (2020) “Trash to Treasure: Predicting Landfill Gas Flow to Optimize Electricity Generation” Journal of Information Systems Applied Research, Volume 13, issue 3 pp 29-39.
Heather Dixon-Fowler, Anne O'Leary-Kelly, Jonathan Johnson, Megan Waite, Sustainability and ideology-infused psychological contracts: An organizational- and employee-level perspective, Human Resource Management Review, Volume 30, Issue 3, 2020, 100690, ISSN 1053-4822
Jang, Yongseok; Lee, Woo J.; Hadley, Brandy. 2020. "Interactive Effects of Business Environment Assessment and Institutional Programs on Opportunity Entrepreneurship" Sustainability 12, no. 13: 5280. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12135280
James W. Westerman, Madasu Bhaskara Rao, Sita Vanka, Manish Gupta, Sustainable human resource management and the triple bottom line: Multi-stakeholder strategies, concepts, and engagement, Human Resource Management Review, Volume 30, Issue 3, 2020, 100742, ISSN 1053-4822
Joseph Cazier and Etienne Bruneau (2020) “Normalisation des donnéessur les abeilles et l‘apicultur”, Abeilles & Cie (French Speaking), issue 197, pp 37-38, http://www.cari.be/abco/2020/
Joseph Cazier and Etienne Bruneau (2020) “Standardizing Data on Bees and Beekeeping”, Bee Culture, November 2020 issue, page 89.
Leon, Steven & Medlin, B.. (2020). A Conceptual Framework for Collaboration in Business Schools. International Journal of Information Systems and Social Change. 11. 32-45. 10.4018/IJISSC.2020070103.
Lew, D., & Whitehead, J. (2020, July 01). Attribute non-attendance as an information processing strategy in stated preference choice experiments: Origins, current practices, and future directions.
Lapan, Chantell & Greenwood, Jerusha & Kline, Carol. (2020). Eating Sustainably: Protein Consumption at Home, at Restaurants, and While Traveling. Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism. 4. 10.3727/216929720X15846938924049.
Lubna Nafees & Eva M. Hyatt & Lawrence L. Garber Jr. & Neel Das, 2020. "Exploration of the organic food-related consumer behaviour in emerging and developed economies: the case of India and the US," International Journal of Management Practice, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 13(5), pages 604-626.
Max Rünzel, Joseph Cazier and Etienne Bruneau (2020) “Une appli à la rencontre des pollinisateurs du monde”, Abeilles & Cie (French Speaking), issue 196, pp 36-37, http://www.cari.be/abco/2020/
Minoo Modaresnezhad, Lakshmi Iyer, Prashant Palvia, Vasyl Taras, Information Technology (IT) enabled crowdsourcing: A conceptual framework, Information Processing & Management, Volume 57, Issue 2, 2020, 102135, ISSN 0306-4573
Nafees, Lubna; Cook, Christy M.; and Stoddard, James E. (2020) "The Impact of the Social Media Influencer Power on Consumer Attitudes toward the Brand: The Mediating/Moderating Role of Social Media Influencer Source Credibility," Atlantic Marketing Journal: Vol. 9 : No. 1 , Article 3.
E. Mitchell Church, Xia Zhao & Lakshmi Iyer (2020) Media-Generating Activities and Follower Growth within Social Networks, Journal of Computer Information Systems, DOI: 10.1080/08874417.2020.1824597
Marco Pietropaoli, Maja Smodis Skerl, Joseph Cazier, Marie-Pierre Riviere, Barbara Tiozzo, Roberto Eggenhoeffner, Ales Gregorc, Walter Haefeker, Mariano Higes, Alexandra Ribarits, Mustafa Necati Muz, Flemming Vejsnæs & Giovanni Formato (2020) BPRACTICES Project: Towards a Sustainable European Beekeeping, Bee World, 97:3, 66-69, DOI: 10.1080/0005772X.2020.1757220
Vilbert Vabi Vamuloh, Robert A. Kozak, Rajat Panwar,
Voices unheard: Barriers to and opportunities for small farmers’ participation in oil palm contract farming, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 275, 2020, 121955, ISSN 0959-6526
Whitney Knollenberg, Lauren N. Duffy, Carol Kline & Gyunghoon Kim (2020) Creating Competitive Advantage for Food Tourism Destinations Through Food and Beverage Experiences, Tourism Planning & Development, DOI: 10.1080/21568316.2020.1798687
Zutshi, Ambika & Creed, Andrew & Panwar, Rajat & Willis, Lyndall. (2020). Corporate social responsibility (CSR): Curators’ specific responses from Australian museums and art galleries. Current Issues in Tourism. 24. 1-17. 10.1080/13683500.2020.1729104.
Albinsson, P., (2019) An Examination of Indian Consumers Intentions to Use Collaborative Consumption Services
Benoit, Ilgim D.; Miller, Elizabeth G.; Mirabito, Ann; Catlin, Jesse R., 2019, "Medical Decision Making with Tables and Graphs: The Role of Cognition, Emotions, and Analytic Thinking", https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/NM72NP
- Cazier, Joseph A., Haefeker, Walter, Wilkes, James T., and Hassler Edgar (2019 In Press) "Risks and Rewards of Data Sharing for Commercial Beekeepers", Bee Culture, January 2019 issue.
- Tang, Y., Xiong, J., Becerril-Arreola, R. and Iyer, L. (2019), "Ethics of blockchain: A framework of technology, applications, impacts, and research directions", Information Technology & People, Vol. 33 No. 2, pp. 602-632. https://doi.org/10.1108/ITP-10-2018-0491
- Qureshi, S., Xiong, J., & Deitenbeck, B. (2019 forthcoming) The effect of Mobile Health and Social Inequalities on Human Development and Health Outcomes: mHealth for Health Equity, 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). Maui, HI
- Albinsson, Pia A. and B. Yasanthi Perera, “Access-based consumption: From ownership to non-ownership of clothing,” in The Rise of the Sharing Economy: Exploring the Challenges and Opportunities of Collaborative Consumption. (Pia A. Albinsson and B. Yasanthi Perera, eds.) Praeger: Santa Barbara, CA. ISBN: 978-1-4408-5186-5, pp. 183-212.
- Burman, Bidisha and Pia A. Albinsson (2018), “Promoting Sustainability Initiatives in the Hospitality Industry,” in The Routledge Handbook of Hospitality Marketing. (Dogan Gursoy, ed.) Routledge: New York, NY. 372-383
- Cartabuke, M., Westerman, J., Bergman, J., Whitaker, B., Westerman, J., & Beekun, R. (In press). Empathy as an antecedent of social justice attitudes and perceptions. Journal of Business Ethics.
- Casher, D., Westerman, J., Bergman, S. (2018) Recruiting with ethics in an online era: Integrating corporate social responsibility with social media to predict organizational attractiveness. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 109: 101-117.
- Cazier, Joseph A., Haefeker, Walter and Hassler Edgar (2018 In Press) "Data Sharing Risks and Rewards for Hobbyist Beekeepers", Bee Culture, December 2018 issue.
- Cazier, Joseph A., Haefeker, Walter and Hassler Edgar (2018 In Press) "BeeXML Part II - Achieving the Goal of Standardized Data", Bee Culture, November 2018 issue.
- Cazier, Joseph A. and Haefeker, Walter (2018) "BeeXML Part I: The Power of Big Data and Analytics", Bee Culture, October 2018 issue. Pages 30-34.
- Cazier, Joseph A. (2018) "BeeWeek in Brussels: Why Americans Should Care", Bee Culture, September 2018 issue. Pages 26-29.
- Cazier, Joseph A., Rogers, R., Hassler, E. E. and Wilkes, James T. (2018) "The Healthy Colony Checklist (HCC) Part II: Validating and Using the HCC for Hive Inspections", Bee Culture, August 2018 Issue. Pages 27-31.
- Cazier, Joseph A., Rogers, R., Hassler, E. E. and Wilkes, James T. (2018) "The Healthy Colony Checklist (HCC) Part I: A Framework for Aggregating Hive Inspection Data", Bee Culture, July 2018 Issue. Pages 29-32.
- Cazier, Joseph A., Wilkes, James T. and Hassler, Ed E. (2018) "Nudging Beekeepers Into the Future With the Technology Acceptance Model", Bee Culture, June 2018 Issue. Pages 35-40.
- Cazier, Joseph A. (2018) "Electronic Records: A Path to Better Beekeeping", Bee Culture, May 2018 Issue. Pages 37-40.
- Cazier, Joseph A. (2018) "Peering into the Future: The Path to a Genius Hive", Bee Culture, April 2018 Issue. Pages 44-46.
- Deitenbeck, B., Qureshi, S., & Xiong, J., (2018) The Role of mHealth for Equitable Access to Healthcare for Rural Residents, 2018 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), New Orleans, LA
- DeSimone JA, Davison HK, Schoen JL, Bing MN. Insufficient Effort Responding as a Partial Function of Implicit Aggression. Organizational Research Methods. 2020;23(1):154-180. doi:10.1177/1094428118799486
- Fowler, E., Coffey, B., & Dixon-Fowler, H. * 2018. Transforming good intentions into social impact: A Case on the creation and evolution of a social enterprise. Journal of Business Ethics. (*all authors contributed equally).
- Jan, Amin, Maran Marimuthu, Muhammad Pisol Mat Isa, and Pia A. Albinsson, (2018) “Sustainability Practices and Banks Financial Performance: A Conceptual Review from the Islamic Banking Industry in Malaysia,” International Journal of Business and Management, 13(11), 61-88. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v13n11p61
- Perera, B. Yasanthi, Cruz, Ryan E., Pia A. Albinsson, Sarita Ray Chaudhury (2018), “When Corporate Partnerships are NOT Awesome: Leveraging Corporate Missteps and Activist Sentiment in Social Media” in the Dark Side of Social Media (Angeline Close, ed), Routledge, New York, NY. 125-146.
- Qureshi, S. & Xiong, J. (2018) Global Financial Inclusion and Human Development: The Bitcoin Effect, Eleventh Annual Pre-ICS SIG Global Development Workshop (SIGGlobDev), San Francisco, CA
- Romi, A., Cook, K.A., & Dixon-Fowler, H. forthcoming. The Influence of social responsibility on employee productivity and sales growth: Evidence from Certified B Corps, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal.
- Siegner, M., Pinkse, J., & Panwar, R. 2018. Managing tensions in a social enterprise: The complex balancing act to deliver a multi-faceted but coherent social mission. Journal of Cleaner Production.174: 1314-1324.
- Singer AE (2018) Understanding Left & Right: An Illustrated Guide to the Political Divide. Nova Science NY (Chapter 24 'Greens: one bus two paradigms').
- Zamantılı Nayır, D. & Shinnar, R.S. Seeking legitimacy: How social entrepreneurs establish legitimacy. Revise & Resubmit for Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
- Zhang, Xin-Jie; Tang, Yong; Xiong, Jason; Wang, Wei-Jia; Zhang, Yi-Cheng. 2018. "Dynamics of Cooperation in Minority Games in Alliance Networks." Sustainability 10, no. 12: 4746.
- DeBoer, J., Panwar R., & Rivera, J. (2017) Toward A Place-Based Understanding of Business Sustainability: The Role of Green Competitors and Green Locales in Firms' Voluntary Environmental Engagement. Business Strategy and the Environment.
- Dixon-Fowler, H., Ellstrand, A., Johnson, J. (2017).The role of board environmental committees in corporate environmental performance, Journal of Business Ethics.
- Groothuis, Peter A., Tanga M. Mohr, John C. Whitehead, and Kristan Cockerill, “Endogenous Consequentiality in Stated Preference Referendum Data: The Influence of the Randomly Assigned Tax Amount” Land Economics, Vol 93, No 2, May 2017.
- Hasija, D. Ellstrand, A., Worrell, D., & Dixon-Fowler, H. 2017. Two heads may be more responsible than one: Co-CEOs and corporate social performance. Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 18(2): 9-21.
- Panwar, R., Nybakk, E., Hansen, E., & Pinkse, J. 2017. Does the business case matter? The effect of a perceived business case on small firms’ social engagement. Journal of Business Ethics, 144(3): 597-608.
- Roy, J. "On the Environmental Consequences of Intra-Industry Trade." Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2017, 83, 50-67.
- Cockerill, Kristan, Peter A, Groothuis, Tanga M. Mohr and Courtney Cooper, “Individualized Water Source as an Indicator of Attitudes about Water Management and Conservation in Humid Regions,” Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Vol. 59, No. 8, 2016.
- Panwar, R., Nybakk, E., Hansen, E., & Pinkse, J. 2016. The effect of small firms' competitive strategies on their community and environmental engagement. Journal of Cleaner Production, 129:578-585.
- Pollard, C. (2016) "IT- Energy Conservation at Work: People Don't Always Act the Way They Feel', IT Professional, IEEE Publishing, Jan.-Feb. 18 (1), pp: 50-56
- Pollard, C. (2016). "Up Close and Personal: The Value of Feedback in Implementing an Individual Energy-Saving Adaptation", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, Vol. 17 Iss: 1, pp.68 – 85
- Westerman, J., Bergman, J., Bergman, S., Whitaker, B., Daly, J., & Westerman, J. 2016. Does social justice knowledge matter in sustainable business education? Effects on student attitudes. Business, Peace, and Sustainable Development, 8: 33-53.
- Westerman, J., Westerman, J., & Whitaker, B. (2016). Does social justice knowledge matter? Education for sustainable development and student attitudes. Environment, Development, and Sustainability, 18(2), 561-576.
- Whitehead, J., Gopalakrishnan, S., Landry, C., Smith, M. (2016) Economics of Coastal Erosion and Adaptation to Sea Level Rise. Annu. Rev. Resour. Econ.
- Alvarez, Sergio, Sherry L. Larkin, John C. Whitehead, and Tim Haab. "A revealed preference approach to valuing non-market recreational fishing losses from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill." Journal of environmental management 145 (2014): 199-209. ["Corrigendum: A Revealed Preference Approach to Valuing Non-market Recreational Fishing Losses from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill," Journal of Environmental Management 150:516-518, 2015.]
- Bergman, S., Gable, T., Obi-Melekwe, N., Latowsky, N., & Shangwa, B. (2015, October). Effectiveness of corporate social responsibility on social media: How job seekers are building their perceptions of organizations. Poster session presented at the annual River Cities Industrial-Organizational Psychology Conference, Chattanooga, TN.
- Byerly, Robin T. (2015) "Eudaemonia, well-being, and the pursuit of sustainability." Philosophy in the Contemporary World, 22(2): 45-59.
- Groothuis, Peter A., Kristan Cockerill and Tanga M. Mohr, “Water doesn’t flow up hill: Determinants of Willingness to Pay for Water Conservation Measures in the Mountains of Western North Carolina,” Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Vol. 59, December 2015.
- Kline, C. & Slocum, S. (In press). Neoliberalism in Ecotourism? The new development paradigm of multinational projects in Africa. Journal of Ecotourism.
- Marland, G., Kowalczyk, T. and Cherry, T. L. (2015), “Green Fluff”? The Role of Corporate Sustainability Initiatives in Effective Climate Policy: Comment on “Science-Based Carbon Targets for the Corporate World: The Ultimate Sustainability Commitment, or a Costly Distraction?”. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 19: 934–936.
- Murray, A., & Kline, C. (2015). Rural tourism and the craft beer experience: factors influencing brand loyalty in rural North Carolina, USA. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, (ahead-of-print), 1-19.
- Panwar, R., Nybakk, E., Pinkse, J., & Hansen, E. 2015. Being good when not doing well: Examining the effect of the economic downturn on small manufacturing firms’ ongoing sustainability-oriented initiatives. Organization and Environment, 28(2): 204-222.
- Pollard, C. (2015). "Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior to Individual Computer Energy Saving Behavioral Intention and Use at Work" Proceedings of 21st Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS). August.
- Ray Chaudhury, Sarita and Pia A. Albinsson (2015/ 2014 - online), "Citizen-consumer Oriented Practices in Naturalistic Foodways: The Case of the Slow Food Movement," Journal of Macromarketing, Vol 35 (1), 36-52.
- Roy J., Millimet D. (2015). "Multilateral Environmental Agreements and the WTO." Economics Letters, 2015, 134, 20-23.
- Roy J., Yasar M., (2015). "Energy Efficiency and Exporting: Evidence from Firm-Level Data." Energy Economics, 2015, 152, 127-135.
- Roy, J. (In press). "Empirical Tests of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis When Environmental Regulation is Endogenous," with Daniel Millimet. Journal of Applied Econometrics.
- Anderson, S., Coffey, B., & Dixon-Fowler, H. 2014. The Empty Bowls Project: Creating, leading and sustaining a social enterprise. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 38(5): 1237-1245.
- Bergman, J., Westerman, J., Bergman, S., Westerman, J., & Daly, J. 2014. Narcissism, materialism, and environmental ethics in business students. Journal of Management Education, 38(14), 489-510.
- Byerly, Robin T. 2014. The social contract, social enterprise, and business model innovation. Social Business, 4(4), pp. 325-343.Byerly, Robin T. 2014. Sitting in the Hoop of the People: Linking Lakota Values and Business Ethics. Journal of Religion and Business Ethics, 3(1), pp. 1-18.
- Cech, L., Cazier, J.A., Roberts, A.B., (2014) "Data Analytics in the Hardwood Industry: The Impact of Automation and Optimization on Profits, Quantity and the Environment", International Journal of Business Analytics, 1(4) 16-33
- Cockerill, Kristan and Peter A. Groothuis, “Last Settler’s Syndrome and Resource Use in Southern Appalachia,” Journal of Rural and Community Development, Vol. 9, Issue 3, 2014.
- Groothuis, P. "Do consumers want smart meters? Incentives or Inertia-- Evidence from North Carolina and lessons for policy" with Tanga M. McDaniel Mohr, Economics of Energy and Environmental Policy, Vol. 3 No 1. March 2014.
- Marland, G., Kowalczyk, T. K., and E. Marland (2014). Carbon Accounting – Issues of Scale. Journal of Industrial Ecology, (1st ed., vol. 19).
- McGehee, N. G., Kline, C., & Knollenberg, W. (2014). Social movements and tourism-related local action. Annals of Tourism Research, 48, 140-155.
- Panwar, R., Paul, K., Nybakk, E., Hansen, E., & Thompson D. 2014. The legitimacy of CSR actions of publicly-traded companies versus privately-held companies. Journal of Business Ethics, 125(3), 481-496.
- Panwar, R., Hansen, E., & Kozak, R. 2014. Evaluating social and environmental issues by integrating the legitimacy gap with expectational gaps: An empirical assessment of the forest industry. Business and Society, 53(6): 853-875.
- Wang, Xinran & Michael N. Young (2014). Does collectivism affect environmental ethics? A Multi-level study of top management teams from chemical firms in China. Journal of Business Ethics. 122(3): 387-394.
- Westerman, J., van Beek, E., Westerman, J, & Whitaker, B. 2014. Ecological values, narcissism, and materialism: A comparison of business students in the United States and the Netherlands. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development, 8(1), 92-104.
- Whitehead, John and Kevin Atkinson, "Predictive Validity of Stated Preference Data: Evidence from Mountain Bike Park Visits Before and After Trail System Expansion," Applied Economics Letters, 2014.
- Albinsson, Pia A. and B. Yasanthi Perera, (2013), "Consumer Activism 2.0 – Tools for Change," in The Routledge Companion to Digital Consumption, (Russell Belk and Rosa Llamas, eds.), Routledge: New York, NY. 356-366 ISBN: 978-0-415-67992-3
- Corley, J.K., Vannoy, S.A and Cazier, J.A., (2013) "Using Sustainability Reports as a Method of Cause-Related Marketing for Competitive Advantage", International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development (IJSESD), 4(2)
- Dixon-Fowler, H., Slater, D., Johnson, J., Ellstrand, A., & Romi, A. 2013. Beyond "Does it pay to be green?": A Meta-analysis of moderators of the CEP-CFP relationship. Journal of Business Ethics, 112(2): 353-366.
- Marland, G., Buccholz, T., & Kowalczyk, T. K. (2013). Accounting for CO2 Emissions: The Context and Stakeholders Matter Journal of Industrial Ecology, (vol. 17, issue 3).
- Morgan, O. Ashton, John C. Whitehead, William L. Huth, Greg S. Martin, Richard Sjolander, "A Split-Sample Revealed and Stated Preference Demand Model to Examine Homogenous Subgroup Consumer Behavior Responses to Information and Food Safety Technology Treatments," Environmental and Resource Economics 54:593–611, 2013.
- Singer A.E. (2013): Business Ethics in the 21st Century: Stability and Change. Nova Science: NY.
- Singer A.E. (2013) James Martin's 21st century and the new dynamic of inequality Human Systems Management. DOI 10.3233/HSM-130779
- Singer A.E. (2013). Social responsibility, political activity and competitive strategy: an integrative model. Business Ethics: A European Review 22(3) 308-324.
- Stoddard, J. E., Pollard, C. E., & Evans, M. R. (2013). The Triple Bottom Line, A Framework for Sustainable Tourism Development International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration, 13(1).
- Albinsson, Pia A. and B. Yasanthi Perera, (2012), "Alternative Marketplaces in the 21st Century: Building Community through Sharing Events," Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 11 (4), 303-315. DOI: 10.1002/cb.1389)
- Albinsson, Pia A. and B. Yasanthi Perera (2012), "Consumer Activism through Social Media: Carrots vs. Sticks," in Online Consumer Behavior: Theory and Research in Social Media, Advertising and E-Tail. (Angeline Close, ed.) Taylor & Francis Publ. 101-132
- Beekun, R., & Westerman, J. 2012. Spirituality and national culture as antecedents to ethical decision making: A comparison between the U.S. and Norway. Journal of Business Ethics, 110(1), 33-44
- Groothuis, P. "Retail competition in electricity supply – survey results in North Carolina," Energy Policy with Tanga M. McDaniel, Vol. 48, September 2012.
- Landry, Craig E., Tom Allen, Todd Cherry and John C. Whitehead, "Wind Turbines and Coastal Recreation Demand," Resource and Energy Economics 34:93-111, 2012.
- Singer A.E. (2012) Eco-preneurship and Recursivity. In: M Muffatto & P Giacon (Eds.) Entrepreneurial Strategies and Policies for Economic Growth. Liberiauniversitaria (Italy) ISBN 978886292266-1, pp603-616
- Albinsson, Pia A., B. Yasanthi Perera, Elise "Pookie" Sautter, (2011), "Integrating Sustainability into the Business Curriculum through E-Learning," Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, Vol. 7 (1), 117-127. Available online at: http://jolt.merlot.org/vol7no1/albinsson_0311.pdf
- Bin, Okmyung, Ben Poulter, Christopher Dumas and John C. Whitehead, "Measuring the Impact of Sea-Level Rise on Coastal Real Estate: A Hedonic Property Model Approach," Journal of Regional Science, 51(4):751-767, 2011.
- Cazier, J.A., Corley, K. & Gora, D. (2011) "Do Independent Sustainability Audits Provide a Competitive Advantage?" The EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter, 43(2)
- Cazier, J.A., Corely, J. K. & Gora, D. (2011) "Sustainability Reporting: Will Consumers Pay More to Purchase from Technology Companies Who Issue Sustainability Reports?" Journal of Information Science and Technology, 8(1)
- Kline, C., Cardenas, D., Duffy, L. & Swanson, J. (2011). Funding sustainable paddle trail development: paddler perspectives, willingness to pay and management implications. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 20(2), 235-256.
- Kline, C., Swanson, J. & Milburn, L.A. (2011). Factors affecting tourism entrepreneurship in the North Carolina mountains. Journal of Tourism Challenges and Trends, 4(1): 77-102.
- Landry, Craig E., Paul Hindsley, Okmyung Bin, Jamie B. Kruse, John C. Whitehead and Kenneth R. Wilson, "Weathering the Storm: Measuring Household Willingness-to-Pay for Risk-Reduction in Post-Katrina New Orleans," Southern Economic Journal 77(4):991-1013, 2011.
- Whitehead, John C., Christopher F. Dumas, Craig E. Landry and Jim Herstine, "Valuing Bag Limits in the North Carolina Charter Boat Fishery with Combined Revealed and Stated Preference Data," Marine Resource Economics 26:233-241, 2011.
- Albinsson, Pia A., Marco Wolf, and Dennis Kopf (2010), "Anti-Consumption in East Germany: Consumer Resistance to Hyperconsumption," Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 9 (6), 412-425. (Special issue on Sustainability through Anti-Consumption DOI: 10.1002/cb)
- Cazier, J.A., Shao, B.B.M., and St. Louis, R.D. (2010) "The Business Value of Green IT in Price Premiums". Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability, 6(4), 9-16
- Kline, C. & Milburn, L.A. (2010). Ten Categories of Entrepreneurial Climate to Encourage Rural Tourism Development. Annals of Leisure Research, 13(1/2): 320-348.
- Slater, D. & Dixon-Fowler, H. 2010. The future of the planet in the hands of MBAs: An examination of CEO MBA education and corporate environmental performance, Academy of Management Learning & Education, 9(3): 429-441.
- Whitehead, John C., Daniel Phaneuf, Christopher F. Dumas, Jim Herstine, Jeffery Hill, and Bob Buerger, "Convergent Validity of Revealed and Stated Recreation Behavior with Quality Change: A Comparison of Multiple and Single Site Demands," Environmental and Resource Economics, 45(1):91-112, 2010.
- Slater, D. & Dixon-Fowler, H. 2009. CEO international assignment experience and corporate social performance, Journal of Business Ethics, 89(3): 473-489.
- Westerman, J., & Westerman, J. 2009. Social protest novels in management education: Using Hawk's Nest to enhance stakeholder analysis. Journal of Management Education, 33, 659-675.
Albinsson, P., (2019) An Examination of Indian Consumers Intentions to Use Collaborative Consumption Services
Benoit, Ilgim D.; Miller, Elizabeth G.; Mirabito, Ann; Catlin, Jesse R., 2019, "Medical Decision Making with Tables and Graphs: The Role of Cognition, Emotions, and Analytic Thinking", https://doi.org/10.7910/DVN/NM72NP, Harvard Dataverse, V1, UNF:6:soc2aOZ4NQT98qq4+qaLOw== [fileUNF]