Inclusive Excellence Team
The Inclusive Excellence (IE) team is composed of Walker College of Business faculty, staff and students who advise the Walker College administrators on diversity and inclusiveness opportunities and needs within the college. The WCOB IE Team also looks at comparative and aspirational programs to benchmark seeking to make the College a leader at the University in pursuing inclusive excellence. If you believe you would make a great contribution to this team, please read the membership guidelines and email Jamie Parson at email@example.com.
The Walker College is highly committed to developing a diverse campus culture throughout the college. The Diversity Advisory Team is composed of Walker College of Business faculty, staff and students who meet once a month in order to advise Walker College administrators on diversity and inclusiveness opportunities and needs within the Walker College of Business. The basic purpose of the Diversity Advisory Team is to help students from a minority or diverse background find a community within the College of Business.
Current council members represent a wide spectrum of the College of Business community.
We believe an appreciation of individuals from a multitude of backgrounds and experiences is a necessity in a global workforce.
The Membership will consist of the following:
- Walker College faculty (up to five)
- Walker College staff (up to five)
- Walker College students (intending and declared; undergraduate and graduate; minimum of 2)
- Friends of the Committee (including Multicultural Student Development, Inclusive Excellence with the Center for Academic Excellence, Student Development, and the Chief Diversity Officer)
- Actively participate in committee activities by bringing views, opinions, expertise, etc., to the table as we continue to shape and develop an inclusive environment;
- Physically attend a majority of WCOB IE Team meetings and actively participate in discussions, training, and activities;
- Have an open mind and a willingness to challenge and be challenged in working towards change;
- Actively participate in the IE training scheduled by the WCOB IE Team;
- Stay abreast of IE issues (specifically in education) and opportunities for IE education;
- Support and engage in on- and off-campus, IE-related activities;
- Work in support of the goals set forth in the Walker College of Business Strategic Plan
- Commit to a minimum of one (1) year of service to the WCOB IE Team.
Diversity/Inclusion Professional and Community Organizations by major: