Walker College of Business Dean's Club
The Walker College Dean’s Club is an annual giving society designed to benefit our students and faculty while enhancing our academic programs. Contributions from Dean’s Club members provide unrestricted support each year for critical needs in the college such as: student scholarships, travel funds for faculty and students to attend course-related conferences and/or visits to corporations, seed money for new programs or opportunities within the college, and resources to bring guest lecturers, such as leaders in business and government, to the classroom.
Meet Three of Our Dean's Club Scholarship Recipients
In the 2013-2014 school year, the Dean's Club awarded 51 scholarships to deserving students. Follow the link to meet three of our recent scholarship recipients.
Join the Dean's Club Today
There are four levels of membership, based on giving level.
- Elite - $10,000+
- Fellow - $5,000 to $9,999
- Roundtable - $2,500 to $4,999
- Associate - $1,000 to $2,499
To join, contact Walker College of Business Director of Development Will Sears at 828.262.6231, email@example.com, or ASU Box 32037, Boone, NC 28608-2037. Or make a gift online using a credit card.
How does this help our students and faculty?
- $500 funds a corporate visit for a student group of 15.
- $1,000 provides a scholarship for a deserving student toward his/her annual in-state tuition and fees.
- $1,706 funds travel, lodging and registration fees for a faculty member to attend a professional conference.
- $2,600 recently provided funds for travel and lodging for a four-day trip by ten students and two faculty members in the Investment Management Class to NYC, including visits to Wall Street, the Stock Exchange and key investment firms.
- $5,000 provides seed money to develop a new international study program.
In return for their generosity, Dean’s Club members may receive:
- Invitation for indoor seating at an Appalachian home football game.
- Credit toward membership in Appalachian's Chancellor's Society, which offers free parking on campus.
- Invitations to numerous college receptions and activities, including CEO lectures and chancellor events.
- A gift of our appreciation for each year of membership and personal communication from the office of the dean.
- BB&T Student Leadership Center
- Bowden Investment Group
- Boyles CEO Lecture Series
- Brantley Center
- Business Connections
- Business Leaders Magazine
- Carole Moore McLeod Entrepreneur Summit
- Career Services
- Global Opportunities Conference
- Harlan E. Boyles Distinguished CEO Lecture Series
- Holland Fellows
- Honors Program
- Martha Guy Summer Institute
- Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Transportation Insight Center for Entrepreneurship
- Walker Fellows