We aspire to be a national leader in business education that emphasizes experiential learning, interdisciplinary collaboration, social engagement, and value driven innovation to address complex issues and help co-create a more sustainable world. In doing so, we seek to develop students who adapt well to and are resilient in an ever changing world.
We deliver transformational educational experiences that prepare and inspire students to be ethical, innovative, and engaged business leaders who positively impact our community, both locally and globally.
Dedicated to instructional excellence, our faculty is also actively engaged in scholarship in the areas of practice, theory and pedagogy, as well as service activities that make possible these transformational educational experiences and serve to benefit the business discipline and the broader community.
In fulfilling our mission and pursuing our vision, we espouse the following values.
- Integrity - We are committed to honesty and ethical behavior in all that we do;
- Quality - We seek quality in our programs and emphasize its virtue to our students;
- Meaning - We cultivate meaningful relationships among students, faculty, and staff so that each can learn, grow, and be fulfilled in their work;
- Global - We provide opportunities for multicultural and international learning and experiences;
- Diversity - We respect and celebrate our differences and emphasize the power of combining our uniqueness;
- Innovation - We are discoverers, explorers, and experimenters, constantly challenging the status quo to create value for our many stakeholders;
- Collegiality - We maintain a supportive, collegial learning environment that respects individuals, preserves academic freedom, and promotes interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Responsiveness - We respond to the needs of students, alumni, the business and wider community, and other stakeholders through active listening;
- Sustainability - We cultivate a deep understanding of the powerful role of business in advancing a productive and healthy society.
Mission, Vision & Values (PDF, 86 KB)
Adopted May 3, 2017