Walker College of Business Global Good Awards Luncheon
The Walker College of Business Global Good Awards Luncheon took place Friday, November 10, in the Plemmons Student Union as part of the Global Opportunities/Business for Good Conference.
2023 Awards Winners:
Inspiring International Leaders/Developing Global Leaders Award - Dr. Dave McEvoy, Department Chair, Economics
Global Citizen Award -
- Shea Raiola, Senior International Business & Supply Chain Major
- Caroline Bestler, Senior, Hospitality and Tourism Major
Faculty-led MVP Award - Matthias Von Feilitsch, Senior Management Major
Inspiring International Leaders Award
- Description: This award recognizes success in inspiring students to pursue meaningful international experiences and develop a global mindset. This can be through mentorship, leadership of a faculty-led program, international research, etc.
- Eligibility: College of Business Faculty and Staff. (Dr. Martin Meznar and Meredith Church Pipes aren't eligible)
Global Citizen Award
- Description: Given in recognition of establishing meaningful connections with the international community beyond the classroom while abroad and/or here on campus.
- Eligibility: 2022-23 WCOB participants in a full semester or year abroad or an international internship. Current international exchange students taking business courses this semester. Other business students will be considered.
Faculty-led Program Most Valuable Participant
- Description: Award given for outstanding leadership, maturity, global perspective, intercultural communication, and/or engagement during international travel.
- Eligibility: 2022-23 Faculty-led program participants.