Before beginning the application process, please make sure that you have a financial plan in place that will allow you to pay for the cost of the program. If you have true financial need, there are some options.
Short-Term Faculty-led Study Abroad Scholarships
Scholarship funds are available for full-time degree-seeking undergraduate business majors studying abroad for a semester or year, interning abroad or participating in a Faculty-led College of Business Study Abroad Program. Graduate business students will also be considered but must submit a letter of support from their academic program office(ex. MBA, Data Analytics, MS Accounting). Scholarships range from $200 to $2,000, however high need, high performing students will be considered for a limited number of Anne Cannon Memorial Trust Full Ride Scholarships in the full amount of the program cost(up to $5000). Applicants will be considered for all of the scholarships for which they are eligible. Click here for application and information.
Full-time degree-seeking business majors at Appalachian applying to a study abroad program offering academic credit are eligible. International student scholarships are open to degree-seeking business majors on a F-1 visa who have completed at least one semester at Appalachian.
You do not need to be enrolled in a program when you apply. However, if you receive a scholarship before being admitted, you must apply to a program within two (2) weeks of receiving the scholarship OR BEFORE PROGRAM DEADLINE/ PROGRAM FILLS. In all cases, program application deadlines still apply.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by e-mail within 2 to 3 weeks of the scholarship application submission deadline.
If you receive a scholarship, the scholarship will be credited to your student account during the term in which you study abroad. Note: Receiving a scholarship could impact your financial aid.
- Your scholarship is added to your account within 10 days of your program's departure date. Please keep this in mind when making financial arrangements.
- All awardees should enroll in direct deposit through the University.
For more specific information regarding scholarship disbursement, how scholarships affect financial aid, and using financial aid to study abroad, including important forms for study abroad, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid: https://financialaid.appstate.edu/study-abroad
Short-term/Semester/Long-term Study Abroad Grants
Any full-time degree-seeking student at Appalachian who is applying to an approved study abroad program offering academic credit is eligible to apply for these scholarships. Individual scholarships will vary but will not exceed $1500. Click here for application and information.
Faculty-led and full semester study abroad programs are eligible for financial aid, if you meet requirements. Your awarded amount may be increased, however this is usually in the form of student loans. Click here for information. To use financial aid towards your study abroad, take the following steps:
1. Complete your FAFSA for the academic year in which the program is offered. Please be mindful of Financial Aid deadlines!
2. Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website. Read all the information carefully and print the Study Abroad Agreement Form for the appropriate term that you are requesting an increase in financial aid due to studying abroad.
3. Go to the Office of Financial Aid on the second floor of the JET Building to discuss your financial aid eligibility. For faculty-led programs, meet with Kim Overcash or another financial aid counselor PRIOR to applying to the program. For full semester study abroad, meet with your regular financial aid advisor.