Each fall, Appalachian State University's Office of Student Success produces and distributes a list of its "most helpful" faculty and staff members. The list, derived from student responses to a form completed by Appalachian's newest first-year and transfer students, includes 21 employees of the Walker College of Business.
While most students do not enroll in business courses until their major is declared (usually in the second semester of the sophomore year), a few business professors did have opportunity to interact with first year students -- and made a positive impact. According to the 2019-20 first year students, the following professors and staff members were most helpful to them as they began their time at Appalachian.
- Alex Helms, Accounting Lecturer
- Amy Odom, Associate Director of Business Career Services
- Brian Whitaker, Associate Professor of Management
- Bryan Bouboulis, Senior Lecturer of Finance
- Dinesh Dave, Professor of Marketing & Supply Chain Management
- Erich Schlenker, Transportation Insight Center for Entrepreneurship Managing Director
- Jan Woods, Senior Lecturer of Accounting
- Jeffrey Kaleta, Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems
- Jo Anne Brandenburg, Finance Instructor
- John Lehman, Lecturer of Economics
- Katharine Stone, Business Academic Advisor
- Kathy Graham, Business Academic Advisor
- Laura Brewer, Marketing & Supply Chain Management Lecturer
- Lewis Alexander, Computer Information Systems Lecturer
- Mary Ann Hofmann, Professor of Accounting
- Naomi Faw, Accounting Lecturer
- Nathalie Turner, Business Academic Advisor
- Rachel Keller, Senior Lecturer of Accounting
- Rebecca Hutchins, Professor of Accounting
- Richard Mattar, Senior Lecturer of Finance
- Rick Wurth*
View the complete list.
Sadly, Rick Wurth passed away earlier this year. His name is included to honor his memory and note his dedication to students.