Faculty-Led Study Abroad
Walker College of Business Faculty-Led Programs
Each academic year, the Walker College of Business offers students the opportunity to study business abroad through short-term courses designed and led by Appalachian faculty. Courses range in length from 10 to 30 days and can fulfill major or elective credit for eligible students.
Upcoming Faculty-Led Programs
Sun, 05/02/2021 to Sun, 05/09/2021
Mon, 05/10/2021 to Wed, 05/19/2021
Mon, 05/10/2021 to Sat, 05/22/2021
Mon, 05/10/2021 to Sun, 05/23/2021
Tue, 05/11/2021 to Mon, 05/24/2021
Fri, 05/21/2021 to Fri, 06/18/2021
Semester/Year Study Abroad
If you are interested in spending a full semester or year abroad, Appalachian has opportunities to study business in English at universities across the globe, many for the same tuition cost as a semester on campus. You can find out more about your opportunities by visiting the Office of International Education and Development website.
FALL 2020 and SPRING 2021 NOTE: All full semester study abroad is cancelled for the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 due to health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a link to resources for finding a virtual study abroad or internship alternative.
Steps Toward Study Abroad:
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 through the Office of International Development(OIED).
- Get a passport! Here is the Department of State webpage for application & instructions.
- Consult with your academic advisor to plan the best time to study abroad. Make an appointment.
- Narrow down your options by using the Programs By Major Resource. Or see if your dream location is a possibility using the OIED Advanced Search link. *Remember, you can also take Ged En, COB and free electives abroad, so you don't have to stick to one of the recommended programs for your major.
- Make an individual appointment with an OIED study abroad advisor.
- Check your top-choice host university website to see if the courses you need are offered in the semester you plan to study.
- Apply! This can take some time, so give yourself enough to not be stressed!
- Check visa requirements.
- Get courses pre-approved. Check the Credit and Grade Conversion webpage to see if they have your program listed. View pre-approved courses and other credit guidelines. Other courses can be taken, but will need to be approved for credit by the appropriate department chair in that discipline.
- Get packed and ready!
- Go.Learn. Explore.Grow.