March 15-16, 2018
The Graduate Career Fair proved to be a huge success for the Walker College of Business Graduate Programs.This event was a great opportunity to meet our highly talented Walker College of Business Graduate Students in a one-on-one setting. Our students were seeking full-time positions, internships , business practicums and capstone analytics projects. All of our students are enrolled in either the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics, IOHRM or Master of Science in Accounting programs. To read more highlights from this event click here.
Students involved in this event will be pursuing one or more of the following concentrations:
- Master of Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Interdisciplinary Business
- International Business
- Leading and Managing Human Resources
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Business
- Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Sustainability Analytics
- Interdisciplinary Analytics
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Arts in Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Human Resource Management
The Walker Graduate Career Fair will be held on Thursday, March 15, 2018 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm 2nd Floor Peacock Hall, Walker College of Business. This fair will be held in a traditional format with a table/booth set up for each recruiting organization and business graduate students visiting according to their interests. There will also be an opportunity to attend the Ryder Logistics evening wine social that evening as well as conduct employer/student interviews the following day, Friday, March 16, 2018.
Registration / $150 per company which provides:
- Career Fair Table and Table Cloth
- Seating for two employer representatives
- Access to Electricity Upon Request
- Parking in Rivers Street Parking Garage
- Meals Provided During Event
- Opportunity to participate in company-sponsored evening wine social
- Opportunity to conduct student interviews on Friday, March 16, 2018
For additional information and to register, click the 'Employer Registration' block above.
Please note, registration is non-refundable. In the event of inclement weather, we will do our best to reschedule this event.
Hotel, Parking & Transportation
Courtyard by Marriott
1050 HWY 105, Boone, NC 28607
$96/night (plus tax)
Group Code: App Career Fair
Book your group rate for ASU Walker Graduate Career Fair
Individuals are responsible for their hotel reservations.
Please contact Kim Kirby at email@example.com or 828-262-2092 with questions or concerns.
Thursday, March 15, 2018 (Career Fair)
- Please park at the COLLEGE STREET PARKING DECK on campus.
- For directions, please visit here.
- As participants approach the parking garage, there will be a parking attendant there.
- Please tell the attendant that you are with the 'Walker Graduate Career Fair' and they will swipe you through the gate.
- Parking will be allowed anywhere within the parking deck.
- Please proceed to the Event Check-In (2nd Floor of Peacock Hall - Board Room).
- Faculty, Staff and Students will greet you upon arrival.
Friday, March 16, 2018 (Interviews)
- If you indicated you plan to conduct interviews when you registered, you will receive a 'Visitor Parking Pass" in your Information Folder that you will receive at Check-In on the day of the Career Fair. Please mark this for the day of the interviews and hang on your review mirror
- Note- If you did not select that you would like to conduct interviews at registration, please contact Kim Kirby to sign up.
- Please park in the Peacock Hall Parking Lot, (Rivers Street Entrance) between 7:45am - 9:00am
- There will be a Graduate Programs team member who will be working the gate who will be able to swipe you through the gate that morning
You don't want to miss this valuable opportunity to meet recruiters face to face and network with industry professionals.
Here is a list of registered employers (check back for updates):
- Ryder Logistics
- Samaritan's Purse
- Fortive (Gilbarco)
- Lowes Foods, LLC
- Blue Ridge Energy
- Impact Financial Systems, Inc.
- Market America/ Shop.com
- Volvo Group
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Audit Services
- MercuryGate International
- Transportation Insight
- Appalachian State University Small Business Technology Development Corporation (SBTDC)
- Sell yourself! Practice your elevator pitch and use it at corporate recruiting tables. Employers will make a note of your professionalism and will know why you deserve to interview for that job.
- Bring your resume. Get your resume reviewed with Executive Development Coordinator, Mr. Ken White, print your resume on resume paper, and present it to the recruiter. The recruiter will then see all of your skills and experiences and will be more interested in offering you an interview.
- Sign up for a Practice Interview. You'll get more face-time with recruiters and you'll be ready for the real thing. Sign up for practice interview with Mr. Ken White.
- Attend BB&T Professional Development Series. Join the BB&T Student Leadership Center as they cover a variety of topics designed to help you land your dream job and prepare for your career after college. For a list of workshops, click here.
- Dress for Success! Professional dress at the Walker Graduate Career Fair is a key part to getting a job. By dressing as a business professional, you demonstrate that you are a capable, respectful, professional. You only get one first impression! Dress for the event is business professional. If you are not sure what to wear, check out the Walker College of Business Pinterest page or the Professional Development page for ideas.
- Additional Tips!
- Introduce yourself.
- Highlight your experience, including your major, field(s) of study and any relevant work experience.
- Connect your skills with their needs.
- Name an accomplishment (or two) that demonstrates those skills.
- Tell the prospective employer what you are looking for now and in the future.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
- 9:30am - 11:30am, Drop Off Zone/Employer Parking in Library Parking Deck
- 10:00am - 11:30am, Employer Check In, Peacock Hall, 2nd Floor
- 11:30am - 12:45pm, Employer Lunch/Dean Norris Remarks, Peacock Hall, 4th Floor Holland International Engagement Room
- 12:30pm - 4:45pm, Student Check In, Peacock Hall, 2nd Floor
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm, Professional Headshots for Employers & Students, Peacock Hall, 2019-C *
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Walker Graduate Career Fair, Peacock Hall, 2nd Floor
- 5:00pm - 5:30pm, Breakdown
- 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Ryder Logistics Evening Wine Social, Turchin Center for Visual Arts
- BY INVITATION ONLY
*Please note, Professional Headshots will only be available during this time, so please be sure to plan accordingly if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity
** A special THANK YOU to our Walker Graduate Career Fair Wine Social Sponsor Ryder Logistics
Friday, March 16, 2018
- 8:00am - 9:00am, Employer Breakfast/Check-In, Peacock Hall, 4th Floor Holland International Engagement Room
- 9:00am - 12:00pm, Company Interviews, Peacock Hall, 1-4 Floors
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Employer Lunch, Peacock Hall, 4th Floor Holland International Engagement Room
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Company Interviews, Peacock Hall, 1-4 Floors
*** Note for Employers - The Broyhill Living Room on the 2nd Floor of Peacock Hall will be the Student Interview Waiting Room. Any students that are scheduled for an interview will wait there until the employer representative is ready for them.