The Walker College of Business at Appalachian State University is committed to advancing sustainable business practices that promote responsible management of economic, social, and natural resources.
On Friday, September 8, 2017, the Walker College of Business will host a one-day event, Business for Good, for faculty, staff and invited guests to share how sustainable business practices relate to us all. The program will feature keynote addresses by the guest speakers listed below. Registration is open; RSVP online.
- 8:30 a.m. New Faculty & Staff Meeting (Chetola Resort, Equestrian Room)
- 8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast (Chetola Resort, Evergreen Room)
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome & Greetings
- Featured speaker: Sarah Lewis, Managing Director of Members & Implementation, The Sustainability Consortium
- Featured speaker: Andrew Hutson, Fishery Solutions' Center Director, The Environmental Defense Fund
- Keynote address: Bob Inglis, Executive Director, republicEN
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch with Lightning Rounds
- International Food Solutions Challenge (tentative)
- 1:00 p.m. Featured speaker: Roian Atwood, Director of Sustainability, VF Jeanswear
- Featured speaker: Philip Henson, Sr. Manager of Energy and Environmental Sustainability,Hanesbrands
- 2:30 p.m. Reception (The Dunston Residence)
- Green-E Award Presentation
- Featured speaker: Robert F. Kennedy Jr.