Welcome to the Walker College of Business
We prepare and inspire students to be ethical, innovative and engaged business leaders who positively impact our community, both locally and globally. We emphasize international experiences, sustainable business practices, entrepreneurial programs and real-world applications with industry and enroll more than 3,000 undergraduates in 10 majors, as well as 200 graduate students in three master's programs.
Saturday, April 9
Between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., faculty representatives from the Departments of Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Banking, Management, and Marketing & Supply Chain Management will be in Peacock Hall to talk with students and family members. Walker Fellows, our App State business student leaders, will offer tours of the building during this same time, and you may visit our Centers for Entrepreneurship, Insurance, Academic Advising and Business Career Services. If you're considering a degree in business, we hope to see you at Open House! Register or get more details about the April 9 event at the Office of Admission's Open House site, or scroll down to learn more about the Walker College of Business.
Join the Office of Admissions for an informative day designed for high school students and prospective transfer students. Meet our faculty, tour campus, and learn more about majors and programs, scholarships, financial aid, the admissions process and what it's like to be a member of the Appalachian Community.
Choose your major:
Add a minor:
- Business Analytics
- Employee Benefits
- Human Resource Management
- Sustainable Business
- Many non-business majors choose to earn a general business minor, gaining foundational knowledge in every business background.
- See the complete list of minors.
- 2.6 Overall Appalachian GPA
- Completed at least 45 semester hours (Or 12 hours at Appalachian for transfer students)
- Usually in sophomore year
10 Undergrad Majors
3 Master's Degrees
Facts and Figures
- 3: Graduate programs and 10 Undergrad majors
- 25: Percent of business students who travel abroad before graduation
- 33: Average class size
- 43: Percent of graduates who have completed at least one internship before graduation
- 91: Percent of graduates who are at their preferred destination by six months after commencement (See more outcomes.)
- 150: Faculty members
- 3,328: Total business students
- 51,708: Average base salary of business students at graduation (See more outcomes.)
- See more points of pride.
Once you select a business major, you will work with our staff of professional academic advisors dedicated to assisting business students with academic planning, registration, planning strategies for improving GPA and one-on-one communication regarding academic concerns and degree requirements. Learn more at businessadvising.appstate.edu.