Join the Office of Admissions for an informative day designed for high school students and prospective transfer students. Meet our faculty, tour campus, and learn more about majors and programs, scholarships, financial aid, the admissions process and what it's like to be a member of the Appalachian Community.
Welcome to the Walker College of Business
We prepare and inspire students to be ethical, innovative and engaged business leaders who positively impact our community, both locally and globally. We emphasize international experiences, sustainable business practices, entrepreneurial programs and real-world applications with industry. Enrolling approximately 3,000 undergraduates in 10 majors, as well as 175 graduate students in three master's programs, the Walker College's full time undergraduate enrollment is the highest in the UNC System.
Choose your major:
Add a minor:
- Business Analytics
- Employee Benefits
- Human Resource Management
- Sustainable Business
- Many non-business majors choose to earn a general business minor, gaining foundational knowledge in every business background.
- See the complete list of minors.
10 Undergrad Majors
3 Master's Degrees
Facts and Figures
- 3: Graduate programs and 10 Undergrad majors
- 25: Percent of business students who travel abroad before graduation
- 33: Average class size
- 50: Percent of graduates who have completed at least one internship before graduation
- 93: Percent of graduates who are at their preferred destination by six months after commencement (See more outcomes.)
- 150: Faculty members
- 3,000: Total business students
- 49,694: Average base salary of business students at graduation (See more outcomes.)
- See more points of pride.
- 2.6 Overall Appalachian GPA
- Completed at least 45 semester hours (Or 12 hours at Appalachian for transfer students)
- Usually in sophomore year
Once you select a business major, you will work with our staff of professional academic advisors dedicated to assisting business students with academic planning, registration, planning strategies for improving GPA and one-on-one communication regarding academic concerns and degree requirements. Learn more at businessadvising.appstate.edu.